The LLU Graduate Periodontic Clinic offers a full range of periodontal services. These services focus on tissues surrounding the teeth, such as the gums and jaw. Our graduate student dentists provide our patients with comprehensive, specialized treatment for gum disease and other periodontal related conditions.
Periodontal services include:
- Periodontal diagnosis and treatment planning
- Scaling and root planing
- Periodontal plastic surgery
- Connective tissue grafts
- Free mucosal autographs
- Pedicile grafts
- Gingival reshaping
- Papillary reconstruction
- Esthetic and functional crown lengthening
- Osseous surgical re-contouring of alveolar bone surrounding teeth
- Extraction site preservation
- Alveolar ridge augmentation for both implant, prosthetic and aesthetic concerns
- Maxillary sinus elevation for placement of dental implants
- Dental implant diagnosis, treatment planning and placement
At the LLU Graduate Periodontic Clinic, you will be seen by one of our graduate student dentists. These graduate dentists have already received a DDS or DMD degree and are undergoing advanced, specialty training for periodontic care. These students are closely supervised by our licensed and experienced faculty periodontists.
What is Periodontics?
Periodontics is the practice of dentistry especially concerned with the tissues that surround the teeth, including the gums and jaw. These tissues support the teeth, keep them in place and supply the teeth with nutrients. The health of these tissues is essential to overall oral health.
Some of the most common periodontal diseases treated at our clinics are gingivitis and periodontitis. These diseases have the following symptoms:
- Red, inflamed or sensitive gums
- Bleeding while brushing or flossing
- Receding gums (gums pulling away from teeth)
- Loose or separating teeth
- Mouth sores
- Persistent bad breath
If you have any of these symptoms, contact us at 909-558-4617.
- Location: LLU Main Campus, Prince Hall
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Emergency care after hours
- Phone: 909-558-4617